Friday, January 5, 2018

Thankful for this crazy kid-12x12 layout Pretty Little Studio DT

Good morning everyone!! Sarah here this morning to share with you a 12x12 layout I made using Feels like fall, but instead of using it for a fall layout, I used it for an everyday layout.

I had fun with this layout! I love the colors in this collection, so instead of making a fall themed layout I thought that the colors could go for an everyday layout too. I know the leaves make it a bit more fallish but the leaves are so cute I just had to use them! I started this layout by actually cutting those strips and laying them in the middle of my layout. I never start like this, no idea what I really want to do, I usually have an idea in my head, but I just decided to play.
In my picture, my son is looking pretty much straight on, but I didnt want my picture to be right in the center of my layout, so I sat him over to the right side of the layout and started building there.


I cut some strips in different sizes in the same patterns that I used to back my photo and layered them on top of  each other and then tucked a few leafs in and then added a few of the clear stickers from the Potpourri collection 
At that point I realized out one sided my layout was, but realized I hadnt decided where to add my title in. So I took some packaging from one of my Feels like fall die cut packs, trimmed it down and pulled out some alphas from Pretty little studios and some from my stash and created my title. I tucked some more leafs in, took a look at my layout and thought I might want to add a little something up at the top to the left side.


I went up to the upper left side of my layout and added some strips, like I had done under my photo, sort of mimicking it. I liked the way that looked but I decided to trim my layout down on the right and bottom sides and add a navy boarder, and that finished my layout for me. I hope you enjoyed this layout and I hope you head over to the shop and check out the new collections to come and the rest of the collections too!!
Pretty Little Studio products used:
Wonder Collection, Yellow alpha


No comments:

Post a Comment